Ok so I started this 14 day detox tea when I was like 4 weeks postpartum and really feeling like shit about myself – let’s just get that out there. I even did a “before” weight just to see if this affected it. I was cleared by my doctor so I knew I could start exercising, yada yada. I honestly was hoping for a quick fix to jumpstart weight loss. However, when I pulled out the scale to do my “after” weight the battery died! I took that as I sign that I should just measure how I feel about myself and the answer is: I feel great!
I think this tea would be a great way to kind of reset after a vacation, holiday season, etc. I’m not a doctor and I don’t know if there’s any actual science to this stuff but I did feel better after drinking the tea each day. It also helped me think about the choices I made throughout the day. When I was pregnant, I wasn’t allowed to exercise which just meant that I kind of gave up and started eating whatever I wanted. So after ten months of that, I really needed a bit of a reset.
- I felt better after drinking the tea (not as “heavy” feeling/bloated throughout the day)
- I made better food choices!
- The price! Only about $14, where other detox teas run as high as $50 or $60.
- The taste! I am not a tea drinker and I think it tastes great.
- I don’t think I lost any weight from it – though my scale broke so who knows.
That’s really the only con! If you are a tea drinker (even if you aren’t) I would definitely recommend this tea. I even drink it occasionally now, i.e. not a part of a 14 day detox. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!