This post may contain affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are my own. A few deals: currently new customers can get 20% of at beautycounter with the code CLEANFORALL20. Also, use this link to get $10 off of your purchase of $50 or more at credo.
Ok so I have crazy hair. Mind-of-it’s-own hair. It has changed during and after each pregnancy and then I developed bad scalp psoriasis after Emmy was born. It used to be super curly, but it has gotten less curly as I’ve gotten older. I also started going gray when I was about 20 (thanks Dad!) and started dying my hair about 3 years ago. Just some background to keep in mind as you move forward throughout this post!
Drunk Elephant recently came out with hair care and so I jumped on the T.L.C. Happi Scalp Scrub. I’m really liking it! I apply it about 15-30 minutes prior to a shower. It has a nozzle that helps apply the scrub directly to the scalp. Rub it into your scalp a bit and then leave it alone.
Right after I apply the scalp scrub, I use the Acure Moroccan Argan Oil all over my hair and wrap my hair up in a towel wrap or shower cap to let sit for 15-30 minutes.
Shower time – hair!
I have a lot of hair… have I said that? So there are several steps to this shower routine. I should also mention that I only wash my hair every 5-6 days. This took training but works for me! Here are the steps:
- Pura D’or Scalp Therapy Shampoo – I use this just on my scalp and massage in with the…
- Vanity Planet Groove Scalp Massager before rinsing the shampoo out.
- Next I use the Innersense Organic Beauty Pure Harmony Hair Bath to shampoo the rest of my hair.
- Beautycounter Daily Conditioner is what I use when I wash my hair. And then every other shower I use…
- Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind Moisture Mask on my hair from the mid-shaft to the ends. Leave this mask on for about 5-10 minutes before rinsing out.
Shower time – body!
- Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser is my “shower face wash”! I like this cleanser because it has a gentle exfoliation which always feels nice after steam from the shower.
- The Beautycounter Sugar Body Scrub is maybe the best part of my week. Ok that’s a little hyperbolic BUT it is amazing. I use it before shaving my legs. It’s a great full body exfoliator!
- I use the Billie Razor to shave and I’m a big fan! It shaves super smoothly (is that a thing??) and you can subscribe so they automatically send you replacement razor heads! I’ve also heard good things about their shave cream but I haven’t used it.
- Originally this was meant for Bryan but I used it once and loved it, so for my body wash I use Beautycounter’s Counterman Energizing Charcoal Body Wash.
For my body I LOVE Countermatch Adaptive Body Moisturizer.
For my hair, I spray on Innersense Sweet Spirit Leave In Conditioner while my hair is still damp. If I am leaving my hair curly, I also spray in Innersense I Create Waves while my hair is still damp and let it air dry (which takes approximately 72 days). If I am blowdrying my hair I use the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer which is the only blow dryer I have ever owned.
And that’s it! Does it make sense why I only wash my hair every 5-6 days?? Because this is definitely a ROUTINE. Bryan makes fun of me because on hair washing days my showers take like 45 minutes. But this is what works for me. I don’t think you can go wrong with products from any of the brands above! They’re clean and effective which is a win-win. I’m always happy to answer any questions – drop them in the comments!